By Katlin Nguyen
January was filled with environmental awareness and studying hard for finals to wrap up the first semester. We ended January with a great talent show and various donations for the Midway Woman’s Shelter Center spearheaded by the Latino Unidos Club.
February brings a fresh new quarter to the final semester of the year where we can all set bigger goals to achieve. This month is both Teen Dating Violence Prevention and Black History Month so let’s be sure to be mindful, respectful and caring to one another.
Upcoming February Fundraisers and Events:
- Y.E.A.H. will have a “respect yourself, protect yourself” booth on Feb. 11 at lunch near the Emma Hood Swim Center.
- The Sophomore Class will be selling Valentine’s Day cards after school at the Emma Hood Swim Center parking lot on Feb. 12.
- The Senior Class is having a Valentine’s Day movie night in the pit on Feb. 12, from 6-11 p.m.
- Sports Med 101 Club is donating stuffed animals for children at the Children’s Hospital in Oakland on Feb. 14.
- The Senior Class is having an all-day fundraiser at Lola’s on Feb. 18.
- The second food faire will happen at lunch on Feb. 20 in the circle.
- The Junior Class is having an Angkor Grill fundraiser on Feb. 24 from 5:30-9 p.m.
Hope to see you all at these upcoming upcoming events, and always remember to show your Hornet pride!